Dragon's Hall Thundershot
Dragon's Hall is a brand-new slot machine released by Playtech in July 2021, under its Thundershots series. It's the third addition to the series, with the previous two being the Chili Eruption and Aztech Expedition. This game is great if you want to play slots online for the first time.
The game has an RTP of 95.35% and will surely interest you with its stylish design, Thundershots mechanics, and max win of1,500x your bet. In addition, it comes packed with a whole lot of exciting features, with the highlights being the Wild Multipliers, Scatter Free Spins, randomly triggered Scroching Spins and Thundershots Bonus Wheel.
With the dragon by your side, you can play this low volatile game from £0.10 up to £50 per spin. Want to know more? Read on to know all about the Dragon's Hall Thundershots.
Review of Dragon's Hall Thundershots RTP & Volatility
As the name suggests, it is inspired by the legend of a ferocious beast that ruled the skies billions of years ago. However, the slot doesn't depict the dragon as you may have heard; instead, it's more about the Oriental Chinese version of the beast as a mighty savior.
The Dragon's Hall Thundershots slot machine appeared on the scenes on 27/7/2021. For me, it was one of the most anticipated slots from Playtech this year, though it turned out to be a bit underclocked in terms of RTP that, according to compliance documents, stands at 95.35%.
Besides, the winning potential here also seems marginal as the highest you can win on a spin is only 1500x your bets, but that might be wrong as there is no cap provided in the compliance documents, and the value is a result of my own calculations. Though the good thing is it's a low Variance slot, I am sure it will pay a good value for your time and money.
The game performance in terms of available bets is also pretty average as the highest you can bet on the lines is £50, and the lowest possible bet is £0.10. Therefore, I would say it's affordable, but is it beneficial? Well, you can decide for yourself and if you need any help, check out the table below that enlists all of the key perimeters of the Dragon's Hall Thundershots slot.
|Gameplay||5x3 With 10 Paylines|
|Bonus features||Wilds, Scatters, Wild Multipliers, Scorching Spis, Free Spins, Thundershots Bonus Wheel|
|Bet range||£0.10 - £50|
|Related Slot Games||Chili Eruption, Aztec Expedition, Dragon Jewels of Fortune, Dragon Born, Dragon's Fire Megaways|
|Theme||Oriental, Chinese, Dragon|
*All values are subject to change at any time.
Are the Graphics in this Slot Worth It?
Now a question that interests me the most; are the graphics good? Well, I would say that I enjoyed the time that I have spent on or in Dragon's Hall Thundershots slot, and there's a couple of good reasons for that. The first reason is, of course, that I am a fan of the theme as I love the mythical creatures and folklore associated with their existence.
The second reason is a bit more rational: Playtech has really spent some time designing the slot, and their efforts are pretty apparent. The graphic quality is crisp, the symbols are very well designed, and the overall environment is nothing but relaxing.
The scenes for Dragon's Hall Thundershots are set in the suburbs of Oriental China, with the vibrant red reels hung in front of the mountains covered in a greenish mist. The highlight of the design is the ferocious dragon having a peek on the reels from behind, and it roars every time a win drops on the reels.
Another thing that I enjoyed was the soothing Oriental tune playing in the background. Besides, the lively animations took my experience to a whole different level.
Symbols to Look for in Dragon's Hall Thundershots
Symbols appearing on the reels are all borrowed from the Oriental era. The standard Playing Card Suits (A, Q, K, J) are standing at the lower end of the paytable, with associated payouts ranging between £10 and £150 at the highest stakes.
At the same time, the upper end of the paytable is occupied by Yin Yan, Buddha, Lotus, Coins, Kite, and Koi Fish, with payouts ranging between £50 and £1500. However, the most valuable symbol is Dragon's Hall triggering the highest payout of 12,500 when 5 of its instances align on a payline. Additionally, there are two special symbols, with the first one being the Wild icon and the second one is the Dragon Scatter symbol. Overall, I must say that the game ticks all of the right boxes, at least in terms of the graphics and design.
If you want to play similar games to Dragon’s Hall Thundershots from Playtech, then I suggest you have a look at the list below for more dragon-themed slots available at Slots Racer.
- Double Dragons slots
- Dragon Born slot game
- Dragon Kingdom slot
- A Dragon’s Story
- Dragon Scrolls
- Dragon’s Fire Megaways
Dragon's Hall Thundershots Mobile
The transition from online slots (desktop version) to mobile slots games is quite complicated and sometimes even disappointing. Some of the best casino slots created to perform seamlessly on the desktop version do not always render as nice on the small screen. But thankfully, it isn't the case with Dragon's Hall Thundershots.
I tried the game on both desktop and mobile devices, and I won't lie, I enjoyed it more on my iPhone than on my laptop, and the same goes for Android devices. The game scales nicely on the smartphone screen. Even though it hides a few details and relocates controls, but the overall experience stays the same and even enhances in a few aspects. The game is based on the HTML5 framework; therefore, it can self-optimize according to the device you're using.
Does Dragon's Hall Thundershots Slot have an easy Gameplay?
For me, The Dragon's Hall Thundershots holds the simplest of the gameplay, which consists of 5 reels with three blocks each. All payments are made on 10 pay lines, which stay constant throughout the entire game.
Before starting a spin, the game will require you to adjust your stakes, the minimum size of which is £0.10, and the maximum possible bet here is £50 per spin. To receive a payout, you need to collect a combination of the identical symbols located on any payline. Only those lines that start from the first reel and go from left to right are considered.
There are no tumbling symbols, increasing paylines, or splitting symbols, and I feel like one of these might have spiced up the things a bit more. But as they say, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, so that is what Playtech went for.
Where Can I Play Dragon's Hall Thundershots slot game?
I know you would be keen to start placing your bets on Dragon's Hall Thundershots, but I would recommend you hold your dragons and have a few spins in the demo mode. See how the slot machine works, how winning combinations are formed, which symbols bring the maximum payouts, and most importantly, decide for yourself if the game is worth your hard-earned money or not. Once you are convinced, head to Slots Racer's home page and follow these steps to play Dragon's Hall Thundershots for real money:
- Tap on the "Join Now" button and provide the required information to sign up for an account.
- Confirm your email and login into your newly created account with Slots Racer.
- Navigate to the Cashier section to top up your balance on Slots Racer. If you’re a new player you could win up to 500 Free Spins as a welcome bonus (Full Ts and Cs Apply).
- Once you have credit in your casino account, head to the "All Games" section and search for Dragon's Hall Thundershots.
- Once you have the game insight, click on the title and wait for the game to load up.
- Now adjust your stakes using the "+" and "-" buttons given under the "Tot Bet" label.
- Next, hit the spin button to initiate a single spin, or if you aren't in the UK, you can also use the Auto-play feature.
- Wait for the reels to stop to reveal your payouts.
Are There Any Free Spins and Bonuses Available?
Yes, Dragon's Hall Thundershots slot comes packed with three bonus features, and the details are as follows:
- Wild Multipliers: Each Wild logo appearing on the reels carries either a 2x, 3x, 5x, or 8x Multiplier. Whenever a Wild Logo substitutes for other symbols to complete a winning combination, the resulting win will be multiplied by the corresponding Multiplier value carried by the wild symbol. Besides, if more than one Wilds takes part in a winning combination, their Multiplier value will enhance the payout. So, for instance, if you have scored a £20 win with the help of a Wild with 2x Multiplier, your success will be improved to £60, and that for me came in pretty handy.
- Scorching Spin: The Scorching Spin feature is triggered randomly and transforms all of the symbols on 1st and 5th reels into high-paying symbols. The best results are triggered when the transformation results in Wild symbols on both the 1st and 5th reels.
- Free Spins: The Free Spin feature triggers whenever three or more instances of the Dragon Scatter symbol appear on the central three reels. The feature starts with 8 Free Spins though you can add eight more to the total by landing three more Scatters during the bonus round. The last spin of the round is guaranteed to be a Scorching Spin. Additionally, the Free Spin bonus round can also lead you to the Thundershots Bonus Wheel at random.
- Thundershots Bonus Wheel: Thundershots Bonus Wheel gives you the option to get a chance to win either Instant Cash Prizes, Extra Wheel Spins, or Extra Free Spins that will be played after the Thundershots Bonus Wheel feature ends. It can make a difference allowing you to win back some of your losses incurred during the base game.
My Personal Take on Dragon's Hall Thundershots Slot
I would say that Dragon’s Hall Thundershots is an interesting slot game. It, of course, pleased me with high-quality graphics, pleasant sound,
smooth animations, and a fair number of Free Spins. However, the shortcomings that I noticed will be the simplest of gameplays with nothing to be excited about and a below-average RTP value of 95.35%.
If you're not that into dragons, or just want to try something different, I can recommend the Cheeky Fruits Split slot that I recently tried here on Slots Racer.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins, etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY